6.20.2008

Top 50 -- 20-16

Wow, this is almost over already? Crunch time.

20. Zodiac (2007) || IMDb
Last Year: N/A

Cursed with an early release date, this film was overlooked come Oscar season. What a crime. This was my favorite film of 2007. David Fincher is a masterful director, and everything about this movie is perfection.

19. Lilo & Stitch (2002) || IMDb
Last Year: 16, down 3

Still one of my all-time favorites. Lovable, whiny girl. Lovable, destructive alien. What more could one want in an animated film? Maybe Marsellus Wallace as Cobra Bubbles? Sure!

18. The Departed (2006) || IMDb
Last Year: 25, up 7

Still great--gets better every time I watch it. Also, I will argue with anyone that this is better than Infernal Affairs. Don't try to sound cool and say the original Hong Kong movie was better. It was good, but not as good. *End Rant*

17. Dr. Strangelove (1964) || IMDb
Last Year: 14, down 3

Peter Sellers makes this movie, yes. But George C. Scott is also one of the best things here. Great, great comedy.

16. Spirited Away (2001) || IMDb
Last Year: 43, up 27

Why such a rise? I don't know. It seems this movie just feels more and more authentic, more special with subsequent viewings. This is another film I would encourage everyone to see. You can even watch it with English dubs because Disney made sure they were perfect (this is the only case I've seen of this).