6.01.2008

MTV is Awfully Retarded

MTV can do no right. Just taking one look at their list of nominated movies makes me cringe. Well, not only did they nominate all the worst films, but the winners are even worse. Get the full scoop after the cut.

Best Kiss

The winners here were from the movie Step Up 2 the Streets, which I can sadly say that I've seen. But why the hell did this win? I was predicting a Disturbia win (kiddies love their Shia LaBeouf), but I think Enchanted of Juno should have won. Seriously....

Best Fight

What are these categories? Some stupid no-names from Never Back Down took this one, as opposed to the amazingness in The Bourne Ultimatum.

Breakthrough Performance

I don't mind Zac Efron, and I don't mind that he won. But how is this his 'breakthrough' performance? Wasn't he in like 4 High School Musical movies? I don't even like her, but Nikki Blonsky should have had this hands down.

Best Female Performance

At least this one is correct: Ellen Page for Juno. Amy Adams would've been nice. Katherine Heigl is a joke and should be expelled from the realm of acting.

Best Summer Movie So Far

Is this really a category? 'So far?' This alone proves how awful the award show timing is. Iron Man rightfully won this, though.

Best Comedic Performance

Johnny Depp? Really? Maybe circa two Pirates movies ago. However, much better than the alternatives. Except Amy Adams, who deserved this. Seriously, she's so great with so little acknowledgment.

Best Villain

Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd. Yay? Javier Bardem should have won this, but I won't complain too much.

Best Movie

Transformers? Really? That is actually the worst movie on the list, spare maybe National Treasure 2.

Best Male Performance

Will Smith for I Am Legend. I can't hate too much, though my preference would be Matt Damon. Or Denzel. Or Michael Cera.

I hate MTV.....