7.31.2006

Continuing the countdown of my 50 favorite movies ever!

30 - Mean Girls
Mean Girls (2004) | IMDb

Where to begin... this movie has so many good quotes for every day usage. Or maybe I'm just lame - who knows. Either way, this comedic look at High School girl drama is straight out hilarious. Even though it can be universally acknowledged that Lindsay Lohan sucks, Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey, Tim Meadows, and pretty much everyone else compensate more than enough. Oh, and for the record, I'm going to marry Lacey Chabert.

29 - Reservoir Dogs
Reservoir Dogs (1992) | IMDb

Probably my biggest movie obsession during my younger days (and by "younger," I mean 5 or so years ago), this gangster flick about an undercover cop, a bank robbery, and concepts of how much to tip is great all around. The dialogue is amazing as well, which can only be expected from Tarantino.

28 - Moulin Rouge!
Moulin Rouge! (2001) | IMDb

Not to hate on 'A Beautiful Mind' or 'Gosford Park,' but this was definitely my favorite when the 2002 Oscars came around. Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor make a perfect duo. The songs (with the exception of one) are all outstanding, the costumes are beautiful, and I adore the storyline.

27 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) | IMDb

Biggest guilty pleasure ever (or is it?). I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie more times than any other. Don't ever watch this movie with me because I'll be quoting every line as it happens verbatim and you'll get annoyed really fast. The combination of the city, the plot, the pretty lead actors, the cheap jokes, and the line "No, honey, it's just sleeping," when Kate Hudson says Matt McConaughey let their 'love fern' die make this movie perfect for me.

26 - Clerks.
Clerks. (1994) | IMDb

Ok, so the recent sequel wasn't that good (but still not bad), but the original Clerks is a classic. This is another movie I've probably seen 20+ times where I laugh at the jokes before they even play out. Randal Graves is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, and after you watch this movie, it won't be hard to see why (that is, if you know me at all).

thirty-five through thirty-one
thirty-six through forty
forty-five through forty-one
fifty through forty-six

No comments:

Post a Comment