7.03.2006

Today at about 10:00 in the morning my Dad called, and I was sleeping so I didn't answer, but he left a very serious voicemail about being safe this 4th of July weekend (well, "weekend"). It was a bit odd. My Mom called around 11:30 and told me some tragic news.

Friday night Allison Angerman died in a driving accident to a drunk driver. I'm not very religious anymore, but her father, Ray, was one of the head Pastors at the church I went to. He helped me in lots of ways, both in and out of church. Allison was his daughter, same age as me, and we went to school together.

Apparently Allison was just sitting at a red light at 11:00 at night and some drunk 44 year-old was trying to evade the cops, driving about 70 MPH, and after hitting another car, ran into Allison's stopped vehicle.

She was very intelligent, always caring, and certainly had a great future ahead of her. I can't imagine how her family feels. My heart goes out to them, and I'll be doing everything I can to be at her ceremony.

Obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment