7.13.2006

I will never understand movie producers, or the general public opinion on movies. How does some of the stuff that's come out even get green lighted, much less made and released widely in theaters? I'm not even talking about 'John Tucker Must Die' or 'My Super Ex-Girlfriend'-bad, because at least those movies have some appeal. I'm talking about 'Little Man,' 'Garfield 2,' and 'Scary Movie 9823498792'-bad - movies which would only be seen by people no smarter than the popcorn they're munching on.

It's so stupid how if you go to Blockbuster they may not have any copies of 'All About Eve' or 'Sunset Boulevard,' two amazing older pieces of cinema, but they'll have 30 DVDs of 'White Chicks.'

Then there's the people whose thought process goes something like this:

"Oh my God, 'Fantastic Four' was the best movie EVER! Jessica Alba is SO HOT! 'Chinatown?' Who the hell is Roman Polanski? 'A Streetcar Named Desire?' Black and white movies are soooo boring! I can't wait until they make a 'Fast and the Furious 4' because the other 3 were so fucking cool."

Not that I'm some movie guru or anything, but I wish the masses could at realize that they are picking up the trash that's being peddled to them, which leads to more trash being produced, because it's easy money for the studios. I know a lot of movie judgment is based on opinion, and I like my fair share of movies that are barely "decent," but sometimes you have to be a true dunce to like, or even pay to see, some of the crap that comes out. Yes, I'm talking about you, people who saw 'You Got Served.'

No comments:

Post a Comment