7.28.2006

Continuing the countdown of my 50 favorite movies ever!

45 - A Night at the Roxbury
A Night at the Roxbury (1998) | IMDb

Ever since I saw this movie in theatres, one of my running jokes has been 'EMILIOOOOO!' Even though it's now common to see 'Roxbury' jokes online or hear two prepubescent kids talking about how funny it is after they saw it for the first time, this is still one of my favorite comedies, regardless of the jokes being beaten into the ground.

44 - Mallrats
Mallrats (1995) | IMDb

One of Kevin Smith's earlier films, the jokes in this flick are spread evenly between cheap gags and witty humor. I don't think I'd like this movie half as much if Jason Lee wasn't the star, but he is, so this definitely makes the list.

43 - The Shining
The Shining (1980) | IMDb

The eeryness of isolation in the middle of nowhere makes this Kubrick horror film so great. That, and Jack Nicholson axe-ing the black guy in the chest (oops, that was a spoiler). The axe-ing moment has to be one of my top 5 movie moments ever. The whole movie isn't too bad either.

42 - Love Actually
Love Actually (2003) | IMDb

Even though a lot of this movie is sappy, I'm just a sucker for all this feel-good happy ending nonsense. Some of the scenes in this movie are just too heartwarming, and no matter how bad I feel, somehow this movie always cheers me up. Hugh Grant is also one of my weaknesses, but let's not get into that.

41 - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) | IMDb

'Pink Panther' movies aside, Blake Edwards makes this Truman Capote novel come to life perfectly. Well, actually, I think it has more to do with Audrey Hepburn being her fabulously amazing self. Come on, who doesn't like Audrey Hepburn? No one, that's right.

fifty through forty-six

No comments:

Post a Comment