4.02.2006

The Wedding Date IMDb

Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney star in this highly predictable, mind-numblingly boring 78 minute film about prostitution, infidelity, and Air Supply.

This movie is better watched on mute than with sound, because that way you can think up better dialogue in your head than what is actually going on in this gruesome "screenplay." I put "screenplay" in quotes because it seems more like a Chicken Soup story than an actual movie. My 12 year-old sister writes better stories than these (though, to her credit, she's pretty bright).

(side note: I used 'than' excessively in that last paragraph, like whoa...)

I'm all about good, cheesy romantic comedies, but movies like these are the reason I sometimes pass on the chick flick invites. The acting was stale and Dermot Mulroney's ass making multiple appearances was definitely not the high point of this movie, contrary to what some people may be thinking. I would've rather spent those 78 minutes doing something productive, like sleeping. I would've been more entertained throwing cards into a hat than I was watching Mulroney and Messing have PG-13 un-erotic sex.

Who should see this movie: No one.
Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment