4.18.2006

Time to take a quick break from my work for a rant.

First off, if you can get your hands on a copy, read the short story "The Blossoming of Bongbong" by Jessica Hagedorn. I'm rarely fond of American Lit, but this is fairly recent (1975) and is one of the better contemporary pieces in my 3000 page textbook.

Literature aside, I hate when the people working the fast food windows are incompetent. Getting the wrong order or missing items is quite annoying, but at least get your greeting right. When I pull up, don't try to carry on a conversation with me. Sometimes they ask "How are you doing?" I answer with "Good," because I really don't care (and neither do you), then they just sit there, expecting me to go. They don't even follow-up with a "Can I take your order?"

This is often quite confusing.

Either say "Welcome to ______, may I take your order?" or "Welcome to ______, I'll be with you in a moment." It can't be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment