4.20.2006

Some Like It Hot IMDb

AFI voted it the #1 comedy of all time... I don't know about that, but there are many laughs to be had while watching this classic. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis do outstanding jobs as the cross-dressing band members, and the scenes with Curtis playing 'Junior' are some of the funniest I have ever witnessed. I'm talking 'Peter Sellers as Jacques Clouseau in "A Shot in the Dark" and "The Pink Panther"' funny. Definitely the highlights of this movie.

Aside from those two, Marilyn Monroe, as expected, is gorgeous - playing the 'not very bright' girl perfectly (probably because it's true?).

Ok, I'm short on time. I might edit this later with more (but probably not). But seriously, if you can find a copy (I now have one, so yay), see this movie.

Rating: 9/10

Edit 9/2/08: 9/10? What was I thinking? This movie is a definite 10/10, and one of the few films that no matter how I feel, I know will always cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment