4.05.2006

In an unorthodox turn of events I wasn't late to class today, which was nice since for some reason my teacher (English Lit) brought in tea, cookies, and various other British treats. I had some, and they weren't bad. We were talking about 'The Importance of Being Earnest,' which wasn't bad either.

Flashback to last night. The teacher for this class posted out grades online, which consisted of in-class writing grades and our Paper 1 score. For my paper grade it said "36." Considering I got an 87 on the assignment, this raised a big "what the fuck?". I debated emailing her, but I had class tomorrow (today) so I concluded I'd just talk to her then. No point in worrying since I still had the original assignment, right?

So now we're back in class, and I go up and talk to Dr. H. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Is the online grades for our papers, uh, out of 100 points?
Dr. H.: Yes, actually I needed to talk to you.
Me: Yeah, cause it says I got a 36, but...
Dr. H.: I know, I did that because I didn't have your grade, well, I did, but it was a 36, and I don't know why I had that written down. I posted that because it would be too much to explain in an email and I wanted you to come talk to me in person.
Me: ...Is this a scare tactic you use often with your students?

Pretty cruel in my opinion. If I was someone who worried a lot over crap like this, or if I lost my original paper, I think it could've been much worse. I guess I'm a bit predictable (in both going to talk to her and not really sweating over this whole thing), but is that really a bad thing?

As for the resolution, she wrote down my real grade and is going to change it and I snagged some more cookies before I left and they were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment