4.12.2006

As some of you may know, I went on a trip to Europe after my senior year of High School ('03), hitting up London, Paris, Rome, and Venice.

I saved a lot of the stuff from my trip, such as brochures, ticket stubs, postcards, and whatnot. Over the last, I don't know, "while," I've been using this brochure/pamphlet/map of Santa Croce (some art museum/gallery) as a bookmark because if anyone looks at it they'll think I'm cultured (which, while true in some manners of speaking, is for the most part a complete falsehood).

So what the Hell does this have to do with anything?

I was in my English Lit class and we were discussing 'A Room With a View' by E.M. Forester. The book is some post-Victorian crap about a girl who learns to appreciate art (maybe, I didn't actually read it). So we were sitting in class and I was reading 'Lolita,' because let's face it, class is usually boring, and I randomly heard her mention Santa Croce, and I was like "wait a second, that's what my bookmark is from!" (thinking that, of course, not saying it) So she then asked if anyone had been to Italy and wanted to describe in detail the stuff they were talking about in the book. I almost raised my hand until I heard the second part, because quite honestly I only remember a select few things from my trip, despite it being one of the better experiences of my life. So naturally I just sat there and continued reading about nymphets.

It was an odd coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment