4.24.2006

Sidenote: 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' by Deep Blue Something (the song) owns.

So I got a paper back today and had a pretty good grade. I flipped right to the back to see my grade and where on the rubric I scored high (grammar and style, the other stuff was 'strong'). I did the usual reading of the comments my teacher wrote on the paper, then I got to the back page, which is the feared Works Cited list.

To my surprise, I see no corrections to my MLA citations and a 'Good!' written on the blank space.

Now, for those of you who have... gone to school... you know what a bitch MLA form is. When to use a comma, when a period, when a colon, when to italicize, when to underline, how many spaces after a period (no, it's not always 2), when you need volume numbers, when you don't, when to put all the author's names, when to use 'etc.,' and so on and so forth. For this paper I used 7 sources, and somehow I flawlessly got them all down. I think this was a first (for a scenario in which I had to do it all myself and used more than a couple sources).

I was more pleased with getting the MLA form right than with the numerous good comments I got on my actual paper or the grade itself, which I think is a little funny. I'm thinking about framing it.

What, I'm learning? Blasphemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment