11.09.2006

Recent movie viewings:

The Queen (2006) - Oh wait, the power at the theatre died while I was there. Lame. Trying again tomorrow.

The Sting (1973) - The chapter 'The Hook' has to be some of the best directing I've ever seen. The splicing of some amazing card playing by Paul Newman (well, his character) with auditions for parts in 'the wire' is amazing. So much tension. I love 'Butch Cassidy...' but I think this movie's a bit better. Robert Redford is the shit (in this movie, and as the Sundance Kid). 9.5/10

Bonnie and Clyde (1967) - The opening scene for this movie was pretty amazing. Overall quite good, but if you just watched the first seven minutes you might be fulfilled. 26 year-old Faye Dunaway is pretty hot. 8/10

Edit 9/4/2008: Bonnie and Clyde is a definite 10/10.

The Pianist (2002) - Finally saw it. Quite great. That's all. 8/10

Oldboy (2003) - A fairly popular Korean movie that is both heartbreaking and brutally violent. There's also a mix of some magical realism that is quite touching, and I would actually highly recommend this film. 9/10

(Holy shit, I haven't done one of these in a long time. Let's see... these aren't very recent, but 'recent' since my last update in September. Netflix owns.)

I've been watching lots of Scrubs lately and just finished season five. 10/10

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) - 9/10

As Good As It Gets (1997) - 7.5/10 (I don't really like James L. Brooks' stuff much, though Jack Nicholson of course is the master of everything ever.)

Mystic River (2003) - 8/10

It Happened One Night (1934) - Frank Capra, Clarke Gable, some random probably famous starlet... 9.5/10

Barry Lyndon (1975) - Some really moving moments, some really good looking art direction and costumes, but still a bit too long and not my personal type of movie. 7.5/10

Amelie (2001) - Love love love. 10/10

Ok, that should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment