5.05.2006

For a minute let us disregard the absurd nature of Scientology and images of Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch and focus on the movie Mission: Impossible III.

Where to begin... I loved the first M:I movie, and while I only saw the second movie once a long time ago, I recall it not being too shabby. With that in mind, I can safely say I'm impressed with the third movie in the series and would recommend it to pretty much anybody, whether they have seen the two prequels or not.

I am not an avid watcher of either 'Lost' or 'Alias,' but director J.J. Abrams's work here is pretty damn good. The acting was well played across the board. The writing? Witty dialogue is always appreciated. Overall plot? Somewhat predictable, a few cliches, but certainly enjoyable. My first favorite scene is where Laurence Fishburne first comes into the movie - damn, does he play the pissed-off-boss well.

I don't think I've seen an action movie this good in a while (well, none come to mind, at least), and I was 'into' the movie from start to finish. I don't ever 'sit on the edge of my seat,' but if I did, I assure you I would've been during this movie. If the following blockbusters (PotC2, X-men 3, etc) are anything like this, it will be a great summer.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment