3.16.2006

A few more movie reviews because my life has been a bit dull these last few days and all I've been doing is watching movies. I'm too lazy to link to IMDb so do it yourself.

Magnolia

Oh P.T. Anderson, how I love thee. Except when you make movies longer than they should be. Three hours for this flick is quite a lot to take in. However, the writing is solid and I really enjoy this movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman has a solid performance, as well as some of Tom Cruise's best. I don't like Julianna Moore, so meh to her.

The one thing I love about this movie is the ending. It's just so... brilliant. It's a deus ex machina, but the movie acknowledges it, which makes it so brilliant. I wish I would've thought of it first.

Who should see this movie: People with patience
Rating: 7.5/10

Fever Pitch

So this was lying around on DVD and I popped it in waiting for Clueless to come on Comedy Central. I was pleasantly surprised by Jimmy Fallon's performance. After Taxi (which I refused to see), I lost faith in his movie roles, but he was cute in this role (I'm not gay, I swear). Drew Barrymore wasn't bad either.

I'm all about baseball so this movie was great for me. I'm also all about the Red Sox, so double winner. This was a solid feel-good movie, though the ending was a bit too corney for me (they always are?), definitely worth the viewing time and I'd see it again.

Who should see this movie: Baseball/Boston fans
Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment