2.21.2009

Bump: Oscar Predictions

The Oscars are tomorrow, and as such, I'm re-posting my predictions. The full list is here, with some explanations. This year I'm playing it fairly safe. Next year I may play a bit riskier, but I think this will be a Year of the General Consensus.

Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Director: Danny Boyle
Actor: Sean Penn
Actress: Kate Winslet
Sup. Actor: Heath Ledger
Sup. Actress: Penelope Cruz
Original Screenplay: Milk
Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire
Editing: Slumdog Millionaire
Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire
Art Direction: Benjamin Button
Original Score: A.R. Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire
Original Song: Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire
Animated Feature: WALL-E
Foreign Language Film: Waltz with Bashir
Sound Editing: The Dark Knight
Sound Mixing: Slumdog Millionaire
Costumes: The Duchess
Doc. Feature: Man on Wire
Visual Effects: Benjamin Button
Makeup: Benjamin Button
Live Short: Spielzeugland
Doc. Short: The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306
Animated Short: Presto

Last year I got 15 out of 24, which is embarrassing. This year I'll be surprised if I hit less than 18. Very surprised. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment