8.07.2008

Project Runway: Rings of Glory

Another week, another episode of Project Runway. Oh, and we also have some topless Heidi Klum pictures roaming the internet, so that's awesome as well.

This is a freaking awesome. Designing outfits for the opening ceremony for the summer Olympics? If there's one 'sport' I like to watch, it's the Olympics. See what I did there? The Olympics include multiple sports, so I get to like plenty of sports.

Oh my God, Stella. We know you love leather. Shut up. We get it.

Blayne's tanning addiction is pretty funny. I like how he thinks he'll shrivel up and get weak and die if he gets pale. So, tanning jokes = funny. Ghetto slang = awful.

However, Blayne's whole thing about not liking The Beatles is... blah.

I love the drama. Fighting over the threading of the machine? Great. Making fun of Kenley's constant laughing? Fantastic (even though I like her).

I like Jerell's outfit, but I don't think it's 'America' enough. As in, the traditional red, white, and blue. But maybe the judges will like it.

So here's the runway!

The GOOD: LeAnne (I like her a lot) ,
Jerell (his hot model helps, but it's not for athletes) ,
Terri

The BAD: Korto (well made, but not feeling it) ,
Suede, Daniel ,
Stella ,
Jennifer

I had Joe under the good, but on a closer look I don't like it. The 'skort' does not look well done at all. The top is great, though.

Michael Kors is the best. Talking about Daniel, "I don't know where she's from... the Republic of Cocktail Land?" "If her sport is drinking, it's a good dress."

I don't think Korto should have won at all. But Jennifer going home was definitely the right decision.

Edit: I was reading Tim Gunn's blog about the episode, and here's what he said about Terri's:

Terri designed the most classic American look of the group. It was successful, it was stunning, it was appropriate, and it was ambitious. She created a menswear tailored jacket with a wide lapel over a horizontal striped strapless top, accessorized with an ascot-like scarf. Below, she had a beautifully fitting white pant with a tuxedo stripe on the right leg, only. I swooned. So as happy as I am for Korto, why didn't Terry win?

Why didn't Terri win, indeed. I agree completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment