2.06.2008

I think I am becoming sort of a Bravo addict. Obviously I lourve Project Runway, but I find myself getting sucked into even the worst shows on the network. Top Chef isn't too great, but interesting. Make Me a Supermodel is, actually, the worst show on the network, but I don't mind it being on in the background while I'm online.

One of the newer shows is Millionaire Matchmaker. I watched a full episode for the first time last night, and I'm honestly shocked by the show. The main girl (hostess, whatever her name is) blatantly goes out and superficially picks girls and tells them what to do so the man will want to spend money on them. I've never seen such obvious pairing of sugar-daddying and gold-diggering -- at least on television.

For example, last night the hostess told all her girls to have long, straight hair. No curls, at all. One girl, who was, I don't know, like 30 (and yes, I called a 30 year-old a girl), had hair just short of shoulder length and it was straight and she looked pretty. She walks in, and the hostess was like, "I told you to get hair extensions. These girls don't listen, and that's why you're all still single."

And the guys are all so boring. It's either really dorky men with no social skills (one couldn't think of any small talk beyond favorite animals), or men who just want to have sex. And I mean, who doesn't, but you don't need to be on a TV show for that, especially if you're a millionaire.

Granted a lot of this is staged, but still. Anyone who promotes stereotypes and shallowness this much is worth a watch -- at least for one episode.

In other news, I love Jon Stewart. And I also love Project Runway. So logically Tim Gunn going on the Daily Show would be like a dream come true! Here's the link. Check it out. I like how Tim says he frequently disagrees with the judges. So do I, Tim. So do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment