2.24.2008

About 75 minutes until the Oscars start. Here is a quick list of my predictions, which will either be amazing or awful. I'm leaving the explanations at the door -- so I know some of these are long shots but hey, I stand by my choices.

Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
Best Director: Joel and Ethan Coen
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Marion Cotillard
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
Best Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody - Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen - No Country for Old Men
Best Cinematography: There Will Be Blood
Best Art Direction: There Will Be Blood
Best Costume Design: La Vie en Rose
Best Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum (note: if NCfOM wins this it wins Best Picture easily)
Original Song: Falling Slowly
Original Score: Atonement
Animated Feature: Ratatouille
Foreign Language Film: The Counterfeiters
Sound: No Country for Old Men
Sound Editing: No Country for Old Men
Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean (yes I'm picking against the general consensus of Transformers)
Makeup: La Vie en Rose
Animated Short: Peter and the Wolf
Live Action Short: The Tonto Woman
Documentary Short: La Corona
Documentary Feature: No End in Sight




If this happens, I will be a happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment