2.24.2008

What a GREAT Oscar ceremony this year. Few things could have gone better.

Number one highlight of the night was Marion Cotillard winning Best Actress. Sure, this might not seem so important to some, but she was a long shot almost all season, and I'm so happy for her. She was so genuinely shocked and so completely deserved it.



And also, No Country for Old Men winning Picture/Directors/Writing is fantastic.

Time to do a tally. Total I had... 15 for 24. Ouch. But no worries since mostly what I missed were categories I blindly guessed in (literally, random picks). I had 7/8 on the 'big eight' (Pic/Director/writing categories/acting categories), and for what I claimed to know, I hit 12/15, which is a very good percentage. Actually, all I really missed were costumes, set design, and supporting actress. Yay, I still think I can hold my title as an 'Oscar pundit.' Or, as much as one can be.

A full list of winners can be found here.

And so the whole process starts over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment