1.30.2008

I was in California for the last week, so there was a legit reason for the lapse in posting. No, I wasn't seeing agents or doing anything productive -- just visiting a good friend and doing all the tourist-y things. I did realize that despite most people complaining about it, I really like the humidity in Florida. Whenever I go elsewhere my skin dries out abnormally fast.

I also went snowboarding. Odd thing -- there were handicapped parking spots by the slope. I know it must be a law or something to have them, but.... I'm sure there's a better joke here but I can't think of it, so we'll just stick with the random observation.

My most recent watch was The Host, a Korean horror/thriller/dark comedy. Very enjoyable, though the movie could've been trimmed a little bit in the middle. It's just creepy-scary, not jump-out-scary (which I hate more than anything), so keep that in mind. Definitely worth a rental. Also, watch it with the original dialogue and English subtitles. The dubbing is awful. Rating: 5.5/7

I also watched Sydney White, mainly because it was there. Also, in the scene with the gym, the UCF gym was used, which was weird. The worst part was for the band at the end they used the UCF band, as well as the UCF fight song (which is just terrible anyway). Overall though, the movie lacks any sort of quality, other than one-liners that will be fun to quote because they are so bad. For example, "This is called a so-rority, not a ho-rority," or, "What's another word for 'douche-baggary,' I don't want to use it three times in one sentence." Definitely not worth a rental. Rating: 2/7

No comments:

Post a Comment