1.02.2007

With the new addition of the Wii to my household, as well as countless hours of playing Final Fantasy 12, I haven't had very much time to do much of anything lately. I have been getting a lot better at foosball, but that's beside the point.

I've seen a lot of movies since my last slew of glimpse reviews, but I don't feel like looking them up.

Tonight I caught a bit of the third Lord of the Rings movie, and I noticed this before, but didn't mention it: so Frodo gets the mythril shirt, which supposedly stops anything from piercing it (swords, etc). But then he gets stung by that enormous spider's stinger right in his stomach towards the end. Plothole? I think so. Oh well, still a good flick.

Oh, but for anyone who cares, I finally fixed my desktop computer, so I can leave the laptop for traveling purposes from now on. Also, with the new year, a few changes are already coming. I'm excited, but as always, slightly nervous and overly nostalgic. But I don't think much of that will show up here (except this post, obviously).

Because I feel like making this post longer, here are some 2006 awards arbitrarily handed out off the top of my head:

Biggest Joke - 'Crash' winning Best Picture
Best Beverage - Red Bull (Starbuck's double shots - runner-up)
Hottest Female - Carmen Electra (she was on some Taco Bell commercial earlier)
Hottest Male - Leonardo DiCaprio ('The Departed,' come on)
Best Sporting Event - World Cup, obviously
Best TV Show - Scrubs
Slang of the Year - Tie: "Uggo" and "Re-re"
Playa of the Year - Me, for keeping this thing updated (I said I would, but didn't actually think I would)
Best Investment - Netflix
Best Post - This one. Clueless reference? Idiotic college girl? Me at the library? The only thing missing is a picture, but unfortunately I didn't have my espionage camera glasses on at the time.
Biggest Waste of Time - Sitting through 'The Fountain'
Most Thankful For - Not paying to see 'The Fountain'
Idiot of the Year - Paris Hilton x 9203802947693576
Movie of the Year - 'Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-rabbit' (ok, maybe not, but I just love that dog)

Alright, that's it for now. Happy New Year kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment