7.17.2008

Project Runway 5: Season Premiere

Anyone who knows me knows I love Project Runway. I really missed this show. I wonder who will be this season's Christian, or Daniel V, or Kit (whom I still plan to find and marry). It usually takes 2-3 episodes to figure out who I like. Other than Heidi and Tim. And Michael Kors and Nina.

I think this challenge would be more interesting if I watched the first season in its entirety. I just watched the latter half, so this challenge is fresh. But it looks like they picked some ridiculous items.

I really like how Daniel's cup dress is coming. I also kind of like him, so he has potential to be a favorite. We'll see how he fares in the first judging before I place loyalty.

All of these tablecloth dresses are fugly. Not just ugly, but fugly. The yellow one looks like a raincoat. I love that Tim is calling them out as slackers because they used tablecloths. That's why I love Tim Gunn. And, because he's so flamboyant and fabulous.

I'm not liking Blayne. "Holler at'cha boy" and "Girlicious" are not going to work. Give me "Fierce" any day.

If there's one thing we can count on, it's that the models for Project Runway are always gorgeous. Like my friend Amy says, "Where do they find these girls and why can't they find girls like this for America's Next Top Model?"

My favorites for this challenge:


Jerell


Daniel


Emily


I would list some least favorites, but there were too many.

Man... making fun of Jerry's raincoat is hilarious. "Something you would wear if you were killing somebody." I love this show.

No gripes about Kelli winning. She did well and she's not annoying. By my philosophy (from the previous PR, and Top Chef) I should pick her as a favorite for the finals. Why not? I'll stick with her for now.

I kind of can't believe they sent Jerry home first for his raincoat. Sure, his outfit sucked, but at least he didn't just tape together some garbage bags.... Oh well.

Oh my God, on the preview: "It's a pterodactyl out of a gay Jurassic Park." I love Tim Gunn. Next week should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment