7.23.2008

Project Runway: 5-02

Here we are, with another week of the fabulous Project Runway. Do these episodes not have names? My DVR isn't helping. Who knows?

So there's the traditional model-repicking. Some of these girls are gorgeous. I mean, they're no Heidi Klum, but then again, who is?

So the challenge seems to be cocktail dress making. This seems way too easy. But then again, it is the beginning, so maybe it is designed to weed people out.

I knew I could count on Tim Gunn to ruin things. A 'green' cocktail dress? The models do the shopping? This sounds more fun. I like how the designers don't even get to plan with them, they just have to go, go, go.

As the designers said (most of them), a majority of those colors and fabrics are just... unmanageable. I mean, you'd think that those models would have some aspect of what looks good. But no.

I think I like Emily. Her dress from the first episode was solid, and she's not obnoxious or negative.

Suede likes to talk in third person. I mean, I kind of like him, but the third person gets on my nerves, because when it starts as a voiceover, I think it's someone else talking about Suede. But, it's not.

Tim's visits are always the best. I love when he was talking to -insert black lady's name here- about her dress, and thought the outside was the inside, and when she corrected him, he was just like, "Oh... hmm........"

Suede's dress looks freakin' crazy, but I kind of like it.

Poor Wesley, his dress looks awful. And he seems nice. Bitches like Stella need to go.

Natalie Portman as a guest judge? Omgwtf. I'm skeptical she knows about fashion. But hey, whatever. I like her.

Terri's dress looked great.

Jerell's looks hot. Two weeks in a row for him.

Joe's dress looks really great. Suede's, decent, but could've turned out better.

Stella's looks like a train wreck.

Blayne's pink and black looked great, despite my thoughts of it originally going to be tacky.

[I would've posted pictures but they aren't up on Bravo's site yet. Maybe I'll edit it later.]

Man, it's hilarious that Natalie Portman thought the same thing Tim Gunn did -- that the dress by -insert name here- was inside out.

Suede winning is pretty sweet -- though honestly I'm surprised because it will be a lot of work to manufacture his dress. But hey, good job.

I think Wesley and LeAnn should have stayed, and that ugly finned inside-out dress should have gone home. Oh well.

Not a bad episode. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment