7.07.2008

New Column: Movies to Study

The other day I did a post about how Hot Fuzz is a movie that should be studied. Now that it has sunk in, I think this will be a good trend for my blog.

This new column, Movies to Study, will serve multiple purposes. First, it will be a venue for me to spread the word about movies that you readers may not have seen nor heard of. But even if you have, hopefully this will give you something to think about--to discuss.

Also, this will be a way for me to practice analyzing movies, as well as share some of my favorites. The articles will be focused primarily on the screenplay, but naturally acting, direction, cinematography, etc will come into play.

Lastly, I plan to attempt to stick to more recent movies. Sure some Hitchcock or Billy Wilder films are bound to pop up, but I'll try to stick to some recent flicks that are more easily accessible.

With that said, expect a new article tomorrow. Or later tonight.