5.07.2007

My bad for the lapse, I spontaneously went out of town yesterday. Ten for today!

25. The Departed (2006) || IMDb
Last year: N/A

Saw it twice in theatres. . . have watch it three times since I bought it. . . . I like Leo DiCaprio more and more every year, and this movie seems like the fastest 2.5 hours in cinema history.

24. Blazing Saddles (1974) || IMDb
Last year: 22, down 2

Mel Brooks was a comedy genius. Also, Gene Wilder--so good. Obviously the best Western of all time.

23. Finding Nemo (2003) || IMDb
Last year: 21, down 2

I watched this movie many times recently, and can safely say I can quote most of it. Such great writing, and I think it's my favorite Pixar movie. Ellen DeGeneres is great, which is weird, since I kind of don't like her.

22. Traffic (2001) || IMDb
Last year: 20, down 2

Steven Soderbergh is fantastic, and I'm go glad he won Best Director. I don't know if I think it's better than Gladiator. . . . Highlight of the movie: Topher Grace as a drug addict.

21. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) || IMDb
Last year: 19, down 2

Flesh-eating Anthony Hopkins? Human skin as clothes? What more is needed for a great movie, really?

20. The Producers (1968) || IMDb
Last year: 18, down 2

More Mel Brooks, more Gene Wilder. Forget the terrible remake, go with the original. Best concept for a plot, ever. Also, Springtime For Hitler, genius.

19. Halloween (1978) || IMDb
Last year: 13, down 6

Ugh, I can't believe Rob Zombie is remaking this. My favorite horror movie, which sort of revolutionized the slasher genre.

18. Gone With the Wind (1939) || IMDb
Last year: 32, up 14

I still can't believe Victor Fleming directed both this and The Wizard of Oz in the same year, and both are so great. The more I see of Clark Gable, the more I like him. Ditto, obviously, for Vivien Leigh. So what if it's 4 hours long, it's all so good.

17. Clue (1985) || IMDb
Last year: 14, down 3

1+2+2+1. . . .

16. Lilo & Stitch (2002) || IMDb
Last year: 17, up 1

Going to ruin the countdown: this is my favorite Disney movie. I really hate kids, but it's so great watching Lilo whine. And if I ever had a pet (alien) dog, I'd definitely want him to be like Stitch. Plus, an abundance of Elvis songs? A+

No comments:

Post a Comment