5.06.2007

More of the Top 50 (wow, this didn't post last night for some unknown reason. Good thing I copy/pasted and didn't turn off my computer)

30. Mean Girls (2004) || IMDb
Last year: 30, no movement

Differing from many teen comedies, Mean Girls is actually a moderately mature look at High School drama. However, there's still plenty of cheesy lines that I love to quote on an everyday basis. Oh, and Lacey Chabert, Rachel McAdams. . . yay!

29. How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days (2003) || IMDb
Last year: 27, down 2

I've definitely seen this movie more times than any other movie, ever. If you gave me a list of scenes I could probably write the whole script verbatim. There's so many great lines, and something about the Kate Hudson.Matthew McConaughey pair that makes me happy. I don't know exactly why, but I really, really like this movie.

28. Clerks (1994) || IMDb)
Last year: 26, down 2

So the sequel wasn't as good, but was definitely decent. This is another movie where I laugh before the jokes happen because I've seen it so many times. I looooooooooove Randal, and also Kevin Smith's original movie.

27. The Godfather: Part II (1974) || IMDb
Last year: 25, d own 2

It's hard to write about an intellectual movie while drunk. . . . . I love, love some parts of the original DeNiro flashbacks. I'm not going to ruin them, but. . . they're amazing. Maybe I suck, but I love the 'modern' scenes with Al Pacino and his company more than the flashbacks of Vito. One of my favorite scenes of all time is when Al Pacino kisses his brother and admits he knows Fredo was 'in' on it. Freaking amazing, and I love this movie.

26. Chinatown (1975) || IMDb
Last year: 23, down 3

I still think, from a writing perspective, this is one of the best movies of all time. And I still love Jack Nicholson. The way this crime drama unfolds is perfectly paced, and Roman Polanski is a great director.

No comments:

Post a Comment