5.02.2007

Continuing the top 50.

45. Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) || IMDb
Last year: 41, down 4

Another Audrey Hepburn appearance. I love me some Holly Golightly. Her small quirks are the highlight of the movie. I admit, some scenes I usually skip, but overall, still very enjoyable.

44. Jerry Maguire (1996) || IMDb
Last year: 33, down 11 (ouch)

A big fall, but it's still on the list, so obviously I still like it. Probably one of Tom Cruise's best. Despite lines being mocked constantly, they're still so great in their original context.

43. Spirited Away (2001) || IMDb
Last year: N/A

Wouldn't say this is the best animated movie ever, but it's close. This is the only foreign movie I can suggest watching with English dubbing, because Disney did such a fantastic job of adapting it, you won't even notice. This is pretty far from traditional Japanese 'anime' that so many people hate, and I really, really suggest everyone give this movie a chance.

42. Mallrats (1995) || IMDb
Last year: 44, up 2

A great comedy, with too many lines to pick just one to go here. Jason Lee is the spotlight, but the running gags and great cast--which all seem to be supporting him--make this movie hilarious. Oh, and I hate the topless psychic.

41. Match Point (2005) || IMDb
Last year: N/A

Yay for Woody Allen. When I first saw this back in theaters, I was unsure how to react. I was sure, however, that Allen set out to do something unprecedented in movies, and he pulled it off. Now, having seen it four times, it's great to notice how expertly the plot unfolds, and how careful each character is in every word they speak.

Five more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment