11.02.2008

Christina Aguilera Keeps Gettin'... Better?

I love Christina Aguilera.

There. I said it.

Her music is great (for the most part--Stripped is one of my favorite albums ever), she seems to have her life together (compared to lots of other celebrities these days), and hey, she's hot (I think we can all at least agree on this one).

On Nov. 11th a 'greatest hits' album comes out. Here is the track listing, via Target:

Genie in a Bottle; What a Girl Wants; I Turn to You; Come on Over (All I Want is You); Dirrty; Fighter; Beautiful; Ain’t No Other Man; Candyman; Hurt; Genie 2.0; Keeps Gettin’ Better; Dynamite; You are What You are (Beautiful)

The album is titled Keeps Gettin' Better and has a couple new songs, one of which is--you guessed it--Keeps Gettin' Better. You can hear the new single on her MySpace, on youtube, or on your radio 374 times a day.

However, like many artists who claim something about their work, the title is inaccurate. I've listened to the new single a dozen or so times, and I just can't like it. I try to like it. I really do. Back to Basics had some good songs on it, but it looks like Christina has a flop this time around. And by 'flop,' I mean it will still get countless plays because it's still better than most other pop music that comes out these days.

With that said, the album will be available ("exclusively") at Target on the 11th, or through your favorite pirated music source a few days before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment