9.03.2008

Project Runway: Double O Fashion

Why would I watch the Republican National Convention when I can watch Project Runway instead? The presidential election is huge for America, yes. But fashion is Universal.

This season is going by so fast. Only 9 designers left. Where has the time gone? And LeAnne's model Karalyn is beautiful (still).

Blayne is hilarious. "I want every challenge to be involving Mary-Kate Olsen. I want to marry Mary-Kate. Who doesn't? Besides Tim Gunn." I like him more every episode. Except he called Mary-Kate Olsen a fashion legend. What?

Is it bad I don't know who Diane Von Furstenberg is? Kenley's crying, so it must be a big deal. But Diane thinks Marlene Dietrich is one of the most glamorous women in the world, so obviously she knows what she's talking about. Wow, the movie 'A Foreign Affair,' which I haven't seen, was directed by Billy Wilder (my favorite). I'm slacking and need to see that film stat.

I hope I don't bite my tongue, but this challenge has Jerell's name written all over it. A classy, retro dress? So him.

Wow, Kenley. Stop crying.

Stella is kind of a jerk. Why keep what you're doing a secret? It's not like people are going to want to copy you. All your designs suck. Plus, you're in the same room. They can watch you do it.

Kenley's look is disgusting. I think it's the fabric. It's too flashy for the 'spy' feel that the challenge is going for. However, there is a bit of Shanghai feel. But that's in the shape, not in the fabric.

LeAnne's dress looks fabulous. The jacket looks great, but not with that dress. Tim's a genius in saying, "Shrink it."

Stella's looks horrific in the workroom. I hope for her sake it comes together on the runway.

Man, Nina is gone again? I miss her so much.

The GOOD: LeAnne, Terri (wow, that jacket is fantastic), Jerell (this one's hot, but a bit sloppy)

The MEH: Joe, Korto, Blayne (what a jacket, though)

The BAD: Suede, Stella (who is she, Batman?), Kenley (totally boring, and a miss)

Joe's looks so tacky. I agree with the judges that it's not cohesive, as well as the gap in the back not working.

Kenley, stop interrupting Heidi while she tries to talk. I'd be pissed if I was Heidi.

I'm glad the judges like LeAnne's. She's my faaaaaaaaaaavorite. But the way this is edited, with the judges not saying much other than they like it, leads me to think she won't win.

Korto's looks good, but I agree with what Tim said earlier in the workroom, that the yellow up top looks like a sticking out bra strap. The yellow on the bottom -- great. Top -- not so much.

"Stella was not stellar." This guest judge is awful (not Diane). Nina needs to come back ASAP.

YES! LeAnne won again! Yay yay yay. Two weeks in a row, holler. She's great.

YES! Stella's out! This is definitely the best episode ever. Oh my God, stop talking and get off my show already.

And for reference, here are the winning and losing designs. Try to guess which one is which!



No comments:

Post a Comment