3.05.2007

Very interesting, coincidental follow-up to the previous post:

Apparently the comparison of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe isn't too uncommon. In the preface to a book I checked out for class, titled Forever England; The Life of Rupert Brooke, by Mike Read, it says, "James Dean made a handful of films, where others have made dozens, yet he remains the cult figure of films. Marilyn Monroe could never be considered a great actress [Jon's note; she was coming around towards the end], yet her name is still on everyone's lips over 30 years after her death."

I think this was in the preface because Rupert Brooke died quite young, and the author of the biography goes on to compare him to other people in music and such. I just think it's pretty interesting that I should find this book the day after I make a post like the previous one, even though our comparisons are for very different reasons--his being to put context on a biography of a moderately well-known poet, and mine being to unbiasedly show why James Dean is overrated. Obviously my insight is much more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment