5.11.2008

Top Chef -- The Elements -- Part Deux

I know no one really cares but me, but it's my blog, so whatever.

Today I was watching a rerun of the old Top Chef episode from this season called The Elements. This is the episode where Antonia wins immunity, and she's teamed with Spike and Zoi. And Zoi goes home.

Now, I realized this the first time but it didn't matter so much to me. And honestly, it's probably all editing, but here's what it seems like:

Zoi was Jen's girlfriend, so naturally Jen was sad she went home. But what happened was Jen got pissed off at Spike. Why was she pissed at Spike? Because he was still there and not sent home? He's not the one who chose the dish, that was Antonia. Jen should have been pissed at Antonia for having them do a shitty dish. Spike wanted to do soup.

Granted Spike was being a little arrogant, saying how he should do whatever it takes to get his way (be an asshole, etc.), but still, it's not his fault Zoi went home. If anything, it was his 'fault' that the judges felt he was a better cook then Zoi. Either way, I don't get why Jen was pissed at Spike more than anyone else, and that bugs me.