2.04.2007

Yesterday I was at a lazer tag place, and there's a playground there, inside by the waiting area. There was this kid, probably about ten years-old, and he stood on top of some platform and yelled, "I'm the king of the world!" with his arms out.

I looked for his parents, who are smiling, then I shook my head. First, I'm surprised he's seen that movie, since it's PG-13, and came out probably the same year he was born. Secondly, because kids are annoying in general.

But then I thought about it, and looked at it this way. If I'm so disapproving of kids yelling out movie quotes from before their time like they know what they're talking about, I wonder what the generation before me thinks when I quote 'The Godfather' or 'Annie Hall' or any other of the hundreds of movies I've seen that were popular before I was born.

My general conclusion, though, was that I've had time to watch these movies and know what they're about and understand them, while this kid probably has no idea how significant a movie like 'Titanic' is, and just watched it because that was the only way his parents would let him stay up past his bedtime. I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment