9.12.2006

Top Three Most Overrated Movies (Ever?)

1) Scarface

Seriously... get a real gangster movie. There was nothing unique about this movie, and I'm so sick of seeing every male college room filled with posters from this movie. Al Pacino is a great actor, and this movie had a few moments, but overall a total snoozefest and waste of time.

2) The Boondock Saints

I finally watched this movie a year or two ago since people wouldn't shut up about it, and this is the epitome of a movie that is a failed attempt to be a "cult classic." It definitely isn't mainstream, and you know why? Because everything in this movie has been done before, and in much better ways. Seriously, if you like this movie, grow up.

3) Dodgeball

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but whatever. I'm sorry if people getting hit with objects and falling over doesn't amuse me more than once. And hey, sorry if I want running gags to actually be funny. Ben Stiller usually sucks, and this is one of those situations. His wife is hot, but that's not enough to save this movie. This movie was so bad I walked into another movie afterwards to get my dollars worth. Also, I believe this to be the cause of the Chuck Norris fad, which is fucking annoying, old, and terrible. Sigh.

-------

However, I did watch 'Roman Holiday' today and that movie was fantastic. Gregory Peck owns, and, you know, Audrey Hepburn <3 The ending was kind of disappointing, probably because I'm too used to the happy endings of modern cinema. Either way, some good laughs and very enjoyable. 9/10

P.S. I couldn't help noticing similarities between 'Roman Holiday' and 'Notting Hill.' There's quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment