9.19.2006

The other day I was studying on the first floor of the campus library with a friend of mine. This moderately cute girl came up to us and was like, "Can you help me find these books?" She said that there should be someone on the first floor to help her out, but there wasn't (there never is). I volunteered to help her, and she asked how the system worked. I explained that you just look at the cards placed on the sides of the aisles, which are in descending/ascending order, and go from there. She was like, "Oh," and I took her to where the first book should be.

"What's the book called?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"...well, it's not here, so maybe it's checked out. What did it say in the computer?"

"I didn't look it up, some guy upstairs gave me the call numbers."

So, she was an idiot, and I was getting annoyed. She asked again how to find the books, so I explained it AGAIN, and left her alone. Seriously, when you get into college, they explain all this to you, but how do you even get into college without knowing how to find a book in a library? The worst part was that she was a full-on Monet.



Hollywoodland: 7.5/10
The Philadelphia Story: 8/10
All About Eve: 10/10 (amending this previous score. What a perfect movie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment