7.25.2007

Skeptical upon seeing the original trailer, today I had an overwhelming urge to go see Hairspray.

Where to begin? Let's start with the bad. John Travolta. . . why? His lines were cheesy and his performance outlandish, yet I can't hate too much. It wasn't awful, just the weakest link.

The script takes plenty of opportunities to throw in some racist humor without actually being racist. It's one of those, they make the characters who say ignorant jokes look like complete morons, so apparently that makes it okay. Either way, it's hilarious because of the great:



I love me some Michelle Pfeiffer. Top-notch performance, and Brittany Snow plays her daughter with a look straight out of 'Mean Girls.' A perfect duo.

But then there's the ever-great Christopher Walken, and even people like Amanda Bynes deliver.

I'm no expert on choreography, all I can do is tell when something is 'good' and something is 'bad.' The song/dance mix in this flick is definitely in the 'good' category.

Rating: 6.5/7

(I think I'm switching to the seven-point rating system. Why? Because I like the number 7.)

No comments:

Post a Comment