4.25.2007

Two things about DVDs:

First off, I can tolerate previews on a DVD, but I don't see the point of having a preview for the company that produced the movie (i.e. Miramax). Who cares if a bunch of best picture winners came from Miramax? The same can be said for numerous companies. And, regardless, I'm going to buy a movie I like on DVD whether it's from Miramax, or DreamWorks, or FOX, or whomever. Plus, I already have this DVD, because I'm watching it.

Secondly, I went to the DVD setup to put on subtitles, and the options were Spanish, and 'English for the hearing impaired.' Since when did English subtitles become only for the hearing impaired? I'm not hearing impaired and I happen to enjoy subtitles on my movies (when they're accurate--that is another rant for another time). Maybe 'for the hearing impaired' has stuff like [moans] or [softly], but either way, that phrasing bugs me.

Stupid Miramax.

No comments:

Post a Comment