12.05.2006

For those of you who don't see me on a regular basis, know this: I have a red t-shirt that had REDRUM written on it. This is a reference to the movie 'The Shining.'

A few minutes ago I went to Wal Mart to buy some stuff, and the cashier said, "Why do you have murder written on your shirt?"

"Uh, it says redrum. It's from a The Shining."

"I know, I've seen the movie, that's why I said 'murder.' Why would you get that on a shirt?"

"I like the movie."

"But why would you wear that out in public, unless it was Halloween?"

I didn't respond. It's like, ok, so people shouldn't be allowed to get random items or words or trademarks or pictures from movies put on shirts because it's not a certain time of year? Hell, why don't we take away slogan expression on shirts in general, and only allow plain colored shirts to be worn, and on Wednesdays you can be creative and pick either plaid or stripes. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment