6.13.2006

Today I was at Best Buy making some routine DVD purchases ('Jaws' and 'Army of Darkness') and at the checkout there was this box of whoopee cushions, labeled free if you purchase a copy of the new 'Pink Panther' movie. I'm sorry, but if you're using the concept of a free whoopee cushion to sell a movie, that means two things:

A) The movie was atrocious and a disgrace to the original.

B) No one older than 7 wants a whoopee cushion.

I love the original 'Pink Panther' movies and this remake does nothing more than piss me off. How does one go from Peter Sellers, who was quite possibly the funniest actor ever, to Steve Martin, who's making 'Cheaper by the Dozen 6' and way beyond his prime. What a joke. The only way I would buy that movie is if it came with two $20 bills and an incinerator so I could destroy the movie and make the world a better place - except for the ozone layer, but who really cares about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment