3.15.2009

Two Overdue Movies

I finally got around to watching two movies I've been putting off: Reno 911: Miami, and National Treasure (the first one [I know]).

I'm a big fan of the Reno 911! show. I was all over that goodness in the first season, and some of my friends said it was crap (then later they 'told me about it,' and deny the prior history), but came to realize its greatness. The movie, while amusing, lacked the punch of the TV show. I think it was because the film had to be dragged out to actual film length. The runtime from start to credits is about 73 minutes, plus some bloopers and whatnot. If they trimmed it down to 40 minutes it would have been perfect, but what can you do? One good thing did come from this film, though: boobies. It never hurts to have a former Playboy centerfold walking around topless for a 5 minute scene. More filmmakers should take that tip.

National Treasure... where to get started. Completely ridiculous and preposterous from start to finish. A few scenes are entertaining, but the overall implausibility just shatters any chance this movie had at decency. Plus the heroes use Google (and the villains use Yahoo!) for guidance on their frolicking. Terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment