12.24.2008

Coming Soon: Spider-Man 2 vs. The Dark Knight

On a forum I regularly visit, someone created a topic asking which is better: 'Spider-Man 2' or 'The Dark Knight.' I seemed to be the only one defending Spidey. I mean, it's not people saying Batman is a better hero or that one movie is simply better, but it's people completely bashing all of the Spider-man movies, the Spider-man character, and saying Batman is just infinitely more cool.

This is untrue. From a technical perspective, sure, 'The Dark Knight' may be a better film, but I'm willing to argue that the second Spidey film is superior to The Dark Knight. Yeah. I said it. Watch me.

In order to prepare I'm going to watch each of them again over the next few days. Though I've seen Spidey 2 at least four times and The Dark Knight twice in theaters, I feel to judge accurately I need to refresh my memory.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment