11.10.2007

Last night I was channel flipping, going down in numbers. I got to channel 12, which here is TBS, and it was the end of The Wizard of Oz. Great movie. A fine coincidence. I note the channel, and continue through the last few to see if anything better was on.

So I went down one more channel, which is TNT, and The Wizard of Oz was on that channel was well. At the same part (I think TBS' was about 40 seconds ahead). Freakin' weird.

What are the odds that on November 9th, a random Friday night, at the exact same time two cable channels which, as far as I know, don't have anything to do with each others programming, would be showing the same movie at the same time? And not a new movie, but a very old movie.

The odd thing though was that The Wizard of Oz was re-released on DVD maybe a year ago on a special edition, which I bought. I think it was newly restored or something. Anyway, TBS had a restored, more colorful version, where it looked like TNT had the original.

Man, I love that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment