2.27.2006

I've had a more in-depth post about the Oscars up on my MySpace for a while now, but here is how I expect the thing to play out on the 5th.

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Best Director: Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain)
Best Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line)
Best Supporting Actor: Paul Giamatti (Cinderella Man)
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener)
Best Adapted Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain
Best Original Screenplay: Crash
Best Animated Film: Wallace and Gromit
Best Art Direction: Memoirs of a Geisha
Best Cinematography: Brokeback Mountain
Best Costume Design: Memoirs of a Geisha
Best Editing: Crash
Best Make Up: The Chronicles of Narnia
Best Score: Brokeback Mountain

The other catagories I really don't care too much about. There's a couple big DVD-prize contests going around, so if you wanna make some predictions and have a chance for a prize, check out: WoKJ and eFilmCritic.

Personally I thought 'Crash' was the most enjoyable flick on the list. All the Best Pic nominees were outstanding, each in their own ways. I liked 'Capote' but I can't imagine watching it more than once every 6 months or so - same with 'Good Night' and 'Munich.' I think I'm going to watch 'Brokeback' a second time before the big night, and I've seen 'Crash' probably 4-5 times. Either way I'm optimistic that this year will be better than last, mostly because Jon Stewart is hosting, but also because I saw nearly all the movies (still need to see 'Hustle & Flow' and 'Transamerica'), unlike last year - I didn't bother seeing MDB, then once it won I felt like a jackass.

And that, as they say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment